We have the below itinerary planned out for our honeymoon from April 23rd to May 3rd. We are 30 and a very active couple who always like to be on the go. We love anything adventurous, but aren't really the hiking type - we want to see and check off item on our bucket list! We definitely want to hit as many 'must not miss' sites as possible in Switzerland.
Please let me know if we are missing any activities, restaurants (we don't need fine dining or the foodie $$$$ restaurants, just love a good view) or if something seems wrong below:
Fly into Zurich head straight to Lucerne - 2 nights in Lucerne
- Day 1 - Walking tour of Lucerne, see the city by boat and water
- Day 2 - Day trip to see Mount Pilatus
Restaurants - Restaurant Balances, Wirtshaus Taube, Pfistern, Burgerstube
Train from Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen - 3 nights in Lauterbrunnen
- Day 1 - See Trummelbach Falls and Mount Schilthorn
- Day 2 - Skydiving in morning - and possible small villages in the valley? Any recommendations here?
- Day 3 - Jungfraujoch
Restaurants - Restaurant Piz Gloria
Train From Lauterbrunnen to Zermatt - 2 nights in Zermatt
- Day 1 - Tour around Zermatt and Matterhorn Glacial Paradise
- Day 2 - Paragliding around the Matterhorn
Restaurants - Omnia Hotel view deck, Findlehof, Chez Vrony
Train from Zermatt to Lausanne - 2 nights in Lausanne
- Day 1 - Day trip for Chocolate factory and Cheese Factory tour in Gruyere
- Day 2 - Montreauxx Day trip with Chateau de Chillion, wine tasting Lavaux Vineyards
Restaurants - ?
Train from Lausanne to Geneva - 2 nights in Geneva
- Day 1 - possibly watch making tour or spa?
- Day 2 - Day trip to Annecy, France
- Day 3 - Fly out of Geneva
Few Additional Questions:
*Where would you suggest the best toboggan/bobsled/alpine coasters run we can do along this itinerary during this time of year?? The faster the better :)
*Should we do a day trip to Bern from Lauterbrunnen?
Thanks so much for all of your help in advance!