Please sign in to post.

Help with the itinerary

Guyz I need help with the following itinerary. We are 4 adults having a 2nd class 8 day swiss travel pass visiting switzerland from 15th to 21 st june. We have non refundable 2 nights stay at zurich and 4 nights stay at engelberg ( near to mount titlis cable car station)

Day wise Itinerary:
1. Arrival 15 june afternoon at zurich station. Explore zurich rest of the day.
2. Rhine falls Visit using swiss travel pass. Later explore zurich if time left for the day.
3. Transfer to Engelberg stay and spend full day for Mount Titlis Excursion ( Chairlift and Cable car ride).
4. Take a trip on Wilhelm Tell Express ( reservation done for 9: 12 am) to locarno and explore lucerne after coming back.We will buy a first class upgrade at station.
5. Travel to jungfrauch top of the europe via lucerne, take golden pass train to interlaken, travel till wengen using swiss travel pass and buy ticket at wengen station to jungfrauch top of the europe.
6. OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS
7. Travel from Engelberg stay to lucerne, take morning train around 8 to reach geneva around 12, Explore geneva lake region for 2 hours and head for taking 3:30 flight to paris from geneva airport on 21st june.

My questions are :
1. What are the must visit places in zurich given that we have two half days on day 1 and day 2??

2. Any other Panoramic train that should be taken?
3. Does Boat from lucerne to Fluelen also need reservation or its available readily?? I reserved through Raileurope.com and not sure that it reserved the whole trip or just the train part of the trip.
4. Is Locarno or logano worth spending time ? If yes then what should me explored in those areas?
5. Should I buy jungfrauch top of the europe excursion online to gurantee reservation ??? Can jungfrauch top of the europe train ride be sold out ?

6.Should bernese oberland region (lauterbrunnen or wengen or murren) be explored on the 6th day also. If yes then will it be feasible from the engelberg accommodation ? and if no then suggest one day must see destination say from lucerne for Day 6.

Open for any suggestions/comments to make itinerary better.
Thanx a lot in advance!!
Deepesh

Posted by
653 posts

Why are you spending 2.5 days in Zurich? Nobody here recommends that. Better to take the train straight to Lucerne and spend that time there. It is a lovely city with lots to see.

Posted by
2 posts

On day 3 morning we will move to engelberg. So effectively we spend 1.5 days in zurich out of which we will visit rhine falls too. so we are left with 2 half days(day one and day 2) for zurich .

Posted by
19 posts

You are wasting your time in Zurich in my opinion, and you could also live without seeing the Rhine Falls. Spend more time in the Bernese Oberland area - places like Wengen and Murren.