Please sign in to post.

Golden Pass tickets

Now that our trip is getting near, I looked at mob.ch to view the route from Interlaken Ost into Montreux.

1. We can buy the reservation for the trip on our appointed date on the mob.ch site, but we are unable to secure the train ticket because the trip is in September and the tickets are not open for purchase on the sbb.ch site.

Do people buy the reservation NOW so you don't miss out ? Even though you cannot buy the actual train ticket ?

1. If one is traveling from Interlaken into Montreux, is there a "side" you should be on or does it truly not matter ??
Posted by
360 posts

We went with the Swiss Pass and then bought our reservation. So technically we were "hopping" on anyway and the reservation just gives you the specific seat, so I would think you'd be fine.

Posted by
8889 posts

Wait until the tickets become available and buy both the ticket and the reservation at the same time. The reservations are unlikely to sell out. Most people buy tickets on the day, or 2-3 days in advance.
You are aware that this is not one train? You have to change trains in Zweisimmen.

If you have a Half Price Card, it includes this route and you can buy half price tickets.

Posted by
1166 posts

Yes, Chris ! You helped me a few months ago with the Zweissiman connection information.

I just didn't want to miss this - there are 2 MOB panorama trains that fit our schedule !

Posted by
16254 posts

If you want the front row in the Panorama cars ( assuming they are running that day) you should reserve now and buy the appropriate ticket ( first class) when they become available.

Posted by
1166 posts

Ahhhh......

I just looked back at the website and only 2nd class is showing open for reservations. Not first class !

I guess I have to wait ????

Posted by
20085 posts

The VIP seats are not available after Sept 1, Something about getting modified for dual gauge bogies.

PS, What date are you looking at? I just clicked through every day in September and in no case were there any less than 15 open seats in 1st class. Most days, they are still totally empty.

Posted by
1166 posts

The site is down right now, but I will recheck again. The date is September 25.

I wondered if 1st class had better seating ? But I'm not sure that it may matter.