Please sign in to post.

Golden Pass Seat Reservations

I will be buying my Swiss Travel Pass when I arrive in Zurich. However, I want to make 1st class seat reservations from Interlaken Ost to Montreux. I can't seem to accomplish this. When I contact the MOB site and under "Reductions" in the drop down menu, it lists "Reservations Only," but an automatic message comes up that states I need to have a coach ticket first, yet my MOB contact says this should work. Does any one have any suggestions? Thank you.

Posted by
16333 posts

Just ignore that warning and hit “next”—-the blue button at lower right. The next page will give an option to choose “reservation only” for 9 CHF and complete the purchase. Just make sure your selection matches the class of travel on your pass (1st or 2d Class).

I just used Zweisimmen to Montreux for my trial run, not Interlaken to Montreux, which involves 3 separate train segments. I don’t think you can make reservations on the regional trains from Interlaken Öst to Spiez and Spiez to Zweisimmen on that website; just the Panorama and Belle Époque trains that run between Zweisimmen and Montreux.

Posted by
1 posts

Oh my goodness thank you Lola!! I have been spending so much time racking my brain searching all over to try to figure out why I couldn't make a seat reservation without purchasing a ticket on the MOB site since I also have the Swiss Travel pass. Same thing as sallydavis I saw the warning and assumed I couldn't continue. Never though to ignore it and click next anyway but that worked!

Posted by
4 posts

Yes, thank you, thank you Lola. Boy, did I spend a lot of time trying to figure this out.

Posted by
16333 posts

Thanks for the thanks. I am glad I could help.

Posted by
2 posts

Does anyone know why it might be that the only thing in the dropdown menu is "Half Fare" and I dont see a "Reservations Only"? I am trying to book for an 11:06 trip on 8/21/22 from Luzern to Interlaken Ost and don't see an option for Reservations Only. Thanks in advance!

Posted by
6914 posts

It does not answer your question, but you do not need to book a seat on that route. The train starts from Luzern: get to the station 15-20 minutes before departure time, and you'll have your pick of seats. Sit on the right hand side in the direction of travel out of Luzern (and stay put when the train reverses in Meiringen).

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks! I was a little spooked by our experience trying to book seats on the Glacier express, which is sold out 2mos in advance on the date we were looking for. Is it true that for the golden pass lines, where the seat reservation is optional, we shouldn't have trouble getting a "good" seat?

Posted by
16333 posts

The Golden Pass route has three segments on three different trains. It is the segment between Zweisimmen and Montreux that has the special panoramic cars that people like to book in advance. My understanding is the “good” seats on that particular train do sell out.

Posted by
6914 posts

@Lolayea, exactly, the Zweisimmen - Montreux section is the one where seat reservation is strongly advised.

Posted by
89 posts

I have been having problems with the site (MOB).
It seems the dropdowns will not populate.
Any suggestions or step by step for dummies:-)?
I did get one scenic reserved (Glacier Exp) and that was $49 each just to reserve.