Please sign in to post.

Golden Pass Reservations

We are trying to make reservations for the panoramic train between Luzern and Interlaken Ost for June 19th. We have the STP cards, and wish to purchase seat reservations. I have been having difficulty using the MOB site to make these reservations. It takes me through the process of purchasing tickets, rather than seat reservations. In addition I want to make sure that it is a panoramic car. I appreciate any help that you can give. Thanks. Cory

Posted by
6893 posts

Ok, I just had a look (mobile version of mob.ch): in the booking process, you pick your time, it will look like you are buying a ticket, but at the step where you enter your details there is a field that should say "discounts" or similar (it said "réduction" on the French version I used), with a drop down menu. One of the options is "reservation only", price is 9 francs.

Posted by
32746 posts

MOB doesn't have anything to do with the segment between Interlaken and Luzern. That is the Zentralbahn.

Also, be aware that the regular hourly trains on that route run by Zentralbahn are modern and panoramic in both first and second class.

https://www.zentralbahn.ch/en

MOB operate the trains between Montreux (that's the "M") and Zweisimmen.

Posted by
7 posts

I am also trying to make just the reservation (have the STP cards) between Interlaken Ost and Luzern. It is asking me for the full price of ticket. I don't see the option 'reservation only' as mentioned by @balso. I just see a 'half fare card' option under reductions.
Not sure if I am doing anything wrong.

Posted by
20085 posts

Reservations are totally unnecessary for this hourly, all-panoramic train, as Nigel has pointed out. I can't even buy one from SBB when I tried. Zentralbahn says nothing about reservations.
https://www.zentralbahn.ch/en/interlaken-express
You have an STP, so you just need to board the train. Get there 10 minutes early and be one of the first people to board the train when passengers are all off the arriving train. The same trains just shuttle back and forth between Interlaken Ost and Luzern.

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks for the update @Sam. As advised, I will try be at the station early.