Please sign in to post.

train from Munich to Geneva then on to Chamonix

we've booked a DB train from munich to geneva, arriving at the geneve-aeroport stop at 14:54.

is the train station for these trains actually at the airport? looking to book a ChamExpress van once arriving to continue on to our Chamonix destination. how much time should i leave us to get from the train station to where ever the Cham Express van will pick us up at the Geneva airport?

ChamExpress vans leave at 15:30 and 16:30 etc. just wanting to leave us enough time to get to our van transfer.

Posted by
8889 posts

The station plan for Geneva airport (Genève Aéroport) is here: http://www.sbb.ch/content/dam/infrastruktur/trafimage/bahnhofplaene/plan-geneve-aeroport-a4.pdf
The station is underneath the terminal. AFAIK there are no direct trains from Munich to Geneva. You will need to change at Zürich HB. I looked it up:

München Hbf depart 07:03, EC 196, Zürich HB arrive 11:53
Zürich HB depart 12:03, ICN 520, Genève-Aéroport arrive 14:54

Posted by
768 posts

I used to live in Geneva. Just to be clear: there is a train stop at the Geneva airport, but the MAIN Geneva station is Geneva/Cornavin, which is several miles away and in the center of Geneva. It's about a 10 min ride between the two. There are also buses that go between. The train at the airport is the end of the line, so if you come in from Germany, you'll pass thru the Cornavin station first.

Also, if an itinerary mentions "Gare Routier" in Geneva, it is a bus station about a mile south of Cornavin.