Please sign in to post.

Geneva Lodging

My hubby and i are looking for recommendations for a 2 night stay in Geneva following our RS My Way tour. Looking for something reasonably priced, if possible. Also- open to suggestions for dining and exploring for 2 days prior to returning to states.
Thank you!

Posted by
6902 posts

"Reasonably priced" and "Geneva" don't go hand-in-hand. Does the tour actually end in Geneva? If there's already an afternoon there, it's enough to see the city IMO. And how early is your flight to the US?
Asking because the answer to your question might be "stay in Annecy". A taxi to Geneva airport costs about €110 and is feasible if your flight isn't too early in the morning.

Posted by
2676 posts

Another option would be to stay in Montreux or Lausanne. Both are about an hour from the airport.

Posted by
3955 posts

We’ve stayed for several days in Geneva and found it to be very interesting, historic and charming. In doing a quick search on Booking.com I see a lot of hotels under $200 per night and a few hotels over $500. I think anything under $200 per night, I was looking at summer dates, is reasonable for Geneva. We were interested in the banking, religious, scientific and world organization aspects of Geneva so we found plenty to do. We also immensely enjoyed the lake and ferries. One chain hotel that I noticed at a good price that gets mentioned on the forum a lot is the Aparthotel Adagio Genève Mont Blanc.

Posted by
383 posts

Hotel Suisse is a decent 3-star hotel across the street from the main train station. Some of the area around the station is a bit seedy (like where the Novotel is), but this hotel is away from that. Prices are moderate and it was comfortable and clean when I stayed there. Busy road in front, but very quiet in the room. Breakfast was included when I stayed, but it was somewhat underwhelming. With this location, you have easy access to tram and bus lines (to get to UN, Red Cross Museum, old town) or obviously trains to other towns nearby/airport - you will get a free local transport card from the hotel. It's also a very short walk to the lake, nice shopping areas, etc. and there is a Manor dept store (with restaurant) a 5 min walk away.

You could also have a look at the Hotel Edelweiss. It is close to the lake and usually a bit pricier, but a bit more charming and very alpine-themed if that appeals (including Swiss restaurant). Not as ultra-convenient for public transport, but still short walks to most things if you don't mind that.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you for the ideas and recommendations, all. we appreciate it very much.

KT