Please sign in to post.

Geneva

We will be in Geneva in early June 2015 for meetings. Need reasonable housing for 6 adults in area of UN. Thanks for your help

Posted by
3387 posts

Try airbnb.com or vrbo.com - these websites have many apartment/house listings that are referenced with a map so that you can see what may be available in the area you are targeting.

Posted by
4324 posts

Note that Rick does not cover Geneva in his guidebooks, doesn't think it is a good place to stay/visit. I think he recommends Lausanne instead. Try Trip Advisor?

Posted by
3387 posts

Just because Rick doesn't recommend it doesn't mean it isn't a lovely place or that it isn't worth seeing. I enjoyed Geneva tremendously with it's old city center, beautiful cathedral and lakefront promenade. It's a great city that shouldn't be overlooked. I've also spent a great deal of time in each of the other towns around Lake Geneva and they each have charm and wonderful things to see. Rick's books aren't meant to be exhaustive; my impression is that they are meant to be recommendations of places to start one's exploration of Europe. There are hundreds of other places he doesn't cover that are equally wonderful and worth visiting.

Posted by
4324 posts

Anita you are right, Rick has places that he likes and others he doesn't and so not everyplace ends up in his books. Which can be disconcerting at first. I remember opening my first RS guidebook and thinking I got a misprinted edition, how can the whole chapter on Geneva be missing?