Please sign in to post.

Geneva

We have one evening in Geneva. Any suggestions for a nice, medium expense dinner or sightseeing? Any superb sights to see or walk after a long travel day?

Posted by
2181 posts

We had a fun meal at Brasserie du Bourg-de-Four. A community band was playing in the square.

Posted by
3391 posts

We ate at the Spaghetti Factory just down hill from the cathedral - it was cheaper than any other meal we had in Geneva but was sill about $100 for our family of three. Dining out in Switzerland, especially in Geneva, is just going to be expensive. They pay their employees a living wage there and this, along with the costs of running a restaurant in Switzerland, make it a very expensive country in which to eat out.
Definitely take the time to tour the cathedral and the excavations underneath it...they have dug down to the 1st century and you can tour all of it. Really interesting! The old city has amazing antiquarian shops of all kinds...it's a beautiful place to wander.
If you're into science make a reservation at CERN to take the tour of the facility...you can't go down to the collider but you can go through their museum and take a tour with one of the scientists - one of the best tours I've ever taken.

Posted by
740 posts

I also ate at the Spaghetti Factory on my one-night stay in Geneva. Location was great and the food was good.

Unfortunately, I didn't place my order quite right. I ordered lasagna and a margarita to drink. Unfortunately, the margarita was interpreted as a margherita pizza. Oh well. I ate a little of both and called it good.

Posted by
22 posts

I can also recommend The Spaghetti Factory. Good food, and our waiter was quite charming! They have a few small tables outside, as well. You'll have a great view of the cathedral & the street & shops. But again, food in Switzerland is very expensive! Walking around in that part of the city is lovely, as is the walk around the lake. Geneva is a beautiful city! Enjoy!