Please sign in to post.

FYI—Jungfrau marathon Sept. 10-11 2021

Just a heads up for those who will be in Switzerland in Sept. The Jungfrau marathon is set to take place Sept. 10-11. So, you may want to plan to avoid the area or scope out a good place to watch.

I think we’ll plan on doing our Lake Thun boat cruise and day trip to Bern on these days.

All the details and course map can be found here:

https://www.jungfrau-marathon.ch/en/

Posted by
88 posts

Thank you! I will be in Lucerne those days but headed to Jungfrau area by the 13th! Should be all clear by then, I imagine... hopefully

Posted by
8452 posts

....all clear by then .....

Ha Ha, Jamie. Good one.

Posted by
32783 posts

I wonder if Denise will run this year?

Posted by
56 posts

We will (the travel gods willing) hiking the Jungfrau on Sept. 10. Could be fun to see the marathon, or a nightmare trying to catch the gondola? At any rate the only other thing I'm worried about is battling already restaurant restricted tables. Thanks for the heads-up Carrie!

Posted by
33 posts

Wow... and yes, thanks for the heads up! We are scheduled to be in Interlaken and then Lauterbrunnen on just those days!! We're reconsidering our schedule now.... but I bet we just won't be able to miss the crowd. We have rooms reservations, but what do you think will be the situation on meals?

Posted by
2679 posts

Hi billandsuz, as far a meals, if you click the link above to the race details, and look under side events and then pasta party, I would avoid those restaurants. Other than that, I don’t know how crowded the area will be. Hopefully not too crowded. 😊

Posted by
874 posts

Carrie….isn’t something supposed to happen in a Switzerland meeting today? Trying to find any news and there does not seem to be any…….

Posted by
2679 posts

Hi Jane. Yes, there is a press conference that just started. I will post, in a new topic, as soon as I have the details.

Posted by
105 posts

Will this cause the area to be very busy?? Was planning to arrive in grindelwald on the 11th and then spend time in wengen and murren over the following 3 days.
Please let me know what to expect.
Thanks

Posted by
2679 posts

Dana, I have no idea. I imagine the area will be more crowded than if there was no marathon. This marathon typically has around 3,500 participants, but the numbers might be different this year due to Covid.