Please sign in to post.

Critique my itinerary

Does this itinerary that I made look reasonable or too much packed into each day? We are 2 young adults interested in nature > cities, easy to moderate hiking. Any locations we might need to spend longer at? Is it too much moving around? Also, any hotels you recommend or don't recommend?

Geneva 10am land,
Lausanne (stay),
Montreux to Interlaken via Golden Pass,
Thun (stay 4x) (Jungfraujoch, Murren, Lauterbrunnen, Oeschinensee, Grindelwald);
Lucerne (stay 2x),
Appenzell,
Chur to Tirano via Bernina express,
St Moritz/Pontresina (stay),
Zermatt via Glacier express (stay),
Geneva

OPTION 2 from Tirano:
Lake Como (stay),
Milan (stay),
Geneva

Thank you in advance!

Posted by
11161 posts

Do NOT stay in St- Moritz rather in lovely, charming Pontresina. We had been warned not to stay in St- Moritz and were so glad we were in Pontresina.

Posted by
4746 posts

When?
If you go to lovely Lake Como, ( which I encourage) you can fly out of Milan, and not backtrack .
Have a wonderful trip in this beautiful country!

Posted by
427 posts

I’m assuming you mean you have 9 nights? If so, you’re trying to pack way too much in.

If you want to see the mountains more than cities, don’t stay in Thun. You’re going to spend hours every day commuting into the mountains for your list. Stay in Wengen, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen for that list.

Lausanne is very much a city. If you land at 10 am I’d just skip that area and move on to the nature bits of your plan.

Perhaps Zermatt 2 nights, Wengen 4 nights (Jungfraujoch/Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen/Murren, Oeschinensee), Luzern 3 nights (day trip to Appenzell is possible + Stoos, Rigi, etc)