Please sign in to post.

Cow accent in Gasaad for 2022

I am wanting to start planning an itinerary for September 2022. We would really enjoy the cow festival in Gasaad as I believe it is during our time in that area. Is it always held on the first Saturday of September? If that is the case then it should be scheduled for September 3, 2022. As we want to attend that festival so badly we are planning our whole 2 month trip to Europe around it. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks.

Posted by
1289 posts

Do you mean Gstaad? I visited there this summer staying in Schönried.

Posted by
19 posts

We just spent two nights in Gstaad this past week. They have a large and helpful tourist office right on the main pedestrian area, so hopefully they can help. We rode bikes in Gstaad and even in late September there were a lot of cows still In the hills. In fact on one of the trails we were delighted to run into a cow parade coming down. About 15 cows and four handlers. The cows had their big bells and some had very ornate flower headdresses. We also saw one a couple days later while we were in Grindelwald eating breakfast. About the same size - 15 cows or so. The handlers were dressed in traditional outfits, which was fun to see.