Please sign in to post.

Chocolate factory tours

Driving from Cinque Terra to Interlaken and would like to tour a chocolate factory. I'm thinking maybe a 2 hour tour and tasting , but I'm not sure where to look to find places. I would appreciate suggestions.

Posted by
1040 posts

The Cailler factory tour referenced by Sam is excellent. The tour is well presented and interesting to follow. They don't try to rush you through any of the tour. You can stay and observe each display along the way for as long as you want. At the end, you can sample chocolates till you burst. You can stay in the tasting room as long as you want. All the chocolates are delicious. Pro tip: the tasting winds its way around a large table, with all the different lines available to try. The ones on the first half of the table you come to are the less expensive ones. Save room for the high end chocolates, or go directly to the far side of the table to try them first. You can go backwards to try the others if you have room left.

And then there is the chocolate shop afterwards...loosen up that wallet, the Swiss do understand marketing. But it's nicely done, not pushy.

The Gruyère cheese factory tour and Gruyères town aren't far and also lots of fun.