Please sign in to post.

Carry on bags

HI,
Traveling to Switzerland from Texas on Delta airlines.
We bought the international size carry on bags...

My question is.....what if after packing the bag it is one or two inches over the size limit?
Any problems with this?

Thanks!

Posted by
7833 posts

They usually have you take stuff out so it fits into the container. You can put the stuff on your body or in a personal item bag.
make sure the weight limit also

Posted by
2375 posts

The international size carryons are meant to meet the standards of airlines like Ryan and EasyJet. If you are just flying Delta you will be fine, and could use the slightly larger "regular" carryon size.

Posted by
8439 posts

"Carry-on size" means whatever the luggage manufacturer wants it to mean. Sometimes they don't include the wheels on rollers, which they should, for example. Why not just measure it yourself and see? There is no standard size between the airlines. And it changes anyway.

Posted by
908 posts

As long as it not over 22x14X9 you should be okay on Delta. One thing to ask are you flying Delta or one of there codeshare partners like Air France or KLM? If you are actually flying on a partner, then the baggage size will change and they do have weight restrictions

Posted by
1 posts

Just measured our "carry-on" cases for our upcoming flight - 23". Bother. So I had a look inside the cases and found that the lining unzips and the wheels are secured by four screws each. After a couple of minutes with a screwdriver and a bit of duct tape to cover the holes, I now have two 21" carry-on bags!