Please sign in to post.

Best of Switzerland local tour guide in Bern - Yorick's tour August 27 2023

Hope someone on Yorick's tour can remember the full name of the local guide in Bern who did the Q & A Session. He called himself "Little Bear". Trying to finalize my travel journal and any info is appreciated. Thank you.

Posted by
286 posts

Our local guide for this tour in May was Diccon Bewes, in case that helps. He was the author of a book called Swiss Watching.

Posted by
57 posts

Thanks for this info but our tour dirctor Yorick indicated that our guide for BOS while on our August 27th tour was new to him in Bern. It was a different name and that's why it didn’t register. He said his name when translated from Swiss German was "little bear".

Posted by
5493 posts

Don't have an answer, but that RS tour was fantastic and began my love of all things Swiss!

Posted by
85 posts

We had that guide on our BOS in September. His name was a take off of Ursa minor, the great bear constellation. Never did know how to spell it.

Posted by
57 posts

Thank you Rick Steves personnel for giving me the name of Ursin Della Morte as the Bern tour guide that our group throughly enjoyed on our walk and Q & A session at Altes Tram Depot for a nice cold beer in the outdoor garden.