Please sign in to post.

Best Itinerary for 4 days in Wengen in September

Hi there,
I have read many posts and decided that the following are things I would like to include over a 4 day trip to Wengen in late August. Can someone please help put them in some sort of itinerary so I get to do them. My husband and I are keen to include some 2 to 3 hour walks in the itinerary.

Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg hike

Staubback Falls

Trummelbach Falls

Trip to Jungraujoch then Staubbach Falls

Schilthorn (stopping at Birg ?)

These are only names to me at this stage of what I have read to be very popular places and hikes to do. I have also read that there is a nice gentle bike ride that can be done in the area and also a walk that goes past many waterfalls. If someone can help me organise my 4 days to get the best out of our time that would be fantastic.

Posted by
29 posts

This is in the Lauterbrunnen Valley, and it is my favorite place on earth (so good choice!). I have stayed in Lauterbrunnen & Murren before. Cars are allowed in Lauterbrunnen - it's more of a proper town, then you take gondolas/trains everywhere up the mountains from there. All the places you mentioned are very nice. The Schilthorn is up a few gondola stops from Lauterbrunnen, and it is opposite the 3 peaks - Eiger, Monch, Jungfrau. It is where the 007 movie On Her Majesty's Secret Service was filmed. Kleine Scheidegg is beautiful and great for hiking. Actually, you can't go wrong hiking or biking anywhere there. You're in the middle of the Alps. It's a beautiful place to be, so just soak in the scenery and don't get too stressed over plans. This is not the place for overplanning. Each time I visited, I threw all the plans out the window & just decided on the day what I wanted to do. :)

Also, here is the link on the falls. They're all in the Lauterbrunnen Valley. This site is good in general for researching what's around:

http://www.myswitzerland.com/en-us/truemmelbach-falls-water-in-a-corset-of-stone.html