Does anyone know about the alpine slide which I believe is half way up Mt. Pilatus? My 3 grandchildren want to go on this slide during our trip in July, but I won't be doing that. So my question is where will the slide end? and if we want to continue to the top of Mt. Pilatus afterwards, how do I go about reconnecting with my grandchildren so that we can continue on this excursion - either by cable car or that cogwheel train. Thank you for whatever help you can give me with this. Linda
Wasn't this covered in one of your other threads?
I've never ridden the Fräkigaudi Mountain Toboggan but based on what I can recall, this is the route you'll have to follow.....
- You should be able to buy tickets for all your activities at the T.I. office in Lucerne station according to the route you want to use.
- Take the Bus from Lucerne station to Kriens - walk uphill to the cable car station (about 10-15 minutes) and take the first segment of the cable car to Fräkmüntegg - disembark and walk uphill to the start of the Toboggan. You can stay there and admire the scenery while your grandchildren make the ride.
- When they arrive at the bottom of the slide, there's some kind of lift that will return them and the toboggans to the starting point - the Swiss are extremely well organized so I'd be very surprised if there isn't a logical and efficient way to get visitors and toboggans back up the hill - according to their website, "Enjoy the fantastic alpine views while being taken back to the start-house by the lift."
- when they arrive back at the starting point, you can all walk back to the Fräkmüntegg cable car station and board the larger cable car that goes to the top of Pilatus.
- at the conclusion of your visit to Pilatus, you can either use the cable cars to return to Kriens OR you can take the cogwheel Funicular down to Alpnachstad and return to Lucerne via boat or train.
You may find it helpful to check the details their website carefully - http://www.rodelbahn.ch/ .