Please sign in to post.

8 day itinerary

My husband and I are all over the place on what to see and where to stay in Switzerland. Can anyone suggest a good plan for an 8 day stay? We are in our early 50’s and healthy. Love both country and city ideas. We would prefer to only change hotels two or three times. We arrive in Zurich on September 7th.
We are thinking it is best to break this up into two vacations since there is so much to see in Switzerland. Thank you!!!

Posted by
20067 posts

Are you arriving by airplane and departing by airplane? Or arriving/going somewhere else by train?

Posted by
4 posts

Arriving by plane/ and leaving by plane. Both in and out of Zurich. We were thinking: Zurich to Wengen(5 nights) to Lausanne (3 nights) to Lucerne (1 night).

Posted by
20067 posts

I like to go to the far point right from the get-go, Lausanne (or Vevey or Montreux) then to Wengen then Luzern. You can use the Golden Pass to Interlaken, then to Luzern. Some scenic transport.
Zurich airport to Lausanne is a direct train if you take the one at 13 past the hour and it takes 2 1/2 hours. Faster than the 3 hours to Wengen and no train changes.

Posted by
20067 posts

Lausanne is a city, Montreux is a resort town, Vevey is a smaller resort town. I have been to Wengen. Nice town and ideal place if you are planning to go to the Jungfraujoch. Luzern is an easy 1 hour train direct to the airport.