I am planning a 5N/6D trip to Switzerland with my wife and two kids (7 yrs and 4 yrs) in the last week of July 2017.
we will be arriving from London to Zurich around 10 am at the airport on Day 1 and will have a flight back from Zurich around 1pm on Day6. Intending to cover the below, appreciate if the forum members can enlighten me on the questions that follow.
- Bernina Train OR Glacier Express
1. Are we aiming for too high especially given that we are accompanied by 2 kids ( 7 and 4)?
2. If it too much which place should be give up on?
3. What would be the best place to base at from logistics point of view?
4. I notice that hotel prices in Zurich are typically lower than that in Lucerne. Is that true? Or I am misguided by online portals/making a mistake here?
5. What would be the best itinerary? Better if it allows a day without travel in between.
6. Which mountain train should be do - Bernina or Glacier and which segment given other preferences?
7. Rail passes - should we consider any? If yes, which one?
Thanks in advance.