Please sign in to post.

5 days in Switzerland

Hi All,
I am planning a 4 night/5 day trip to switzerland in 2017 April end with my wife.
This is my second trip as we last visited in May-2015. We covered Titlis, Zermatt-Matterhorn and Jungfrouch then so looking for some new experiences this time.
I will be based in Interlaken for the 3 nights and 1 night in Zurich.
I have a Swiss Rail pass for 4 days.
Here are some of my thoughts about the itinerary:
Day-1 :
1. Arrive at Zurich Airport by 0700. Catch the 9:30 train to Interlaken and reach by 11:30. Check in to hotel(Early check in possible?? – Hotel Weisses Kreuz).
2. I plan to leave hotel by 1300 and visit Lauterbrunnen(Trummelbach) + Murren (Cablecars)
Day-2 :
1. Leave early for Engelberg(Roam around, sights)+Titlis mountain top, ice flyer.
2. Comeback by evening.
Any suggestions for 2nd half of the day
Day-3 :
1. Leave early for Lucerne and enjoy the city.
2. Leave for Mt Pilatus in afternoon + paragliding(or any other suggestions?)
Day-4:
1. Leave for Zurich by afternoon(1200)
2. Cover Rhine falls and enjoy evening in Zurich(arnd Zurich lake)
Day-5:
1. Leave for Venice by 1300 train.
2. Any suggestions for the morning??

All of these plans are flexible as i have not purchased any tickets except Swiss pass.
Any feedbacks/suggestions are welcome.

Vibhor

Posted by
1443 posts

I'm unclear on a few things. First, you said you visited Mt. Titlis in 2015 but on day 2 you pay it another visit. That's fine, but I'm wondering if it was some other peak you saw in 2015 or intend to see this year.

Second, I don't understand why you would stay in Interlaken. Mt. Titlis is only 45 minutes from Luzern, but almost 3 hours from Interlaken. Save the Titlis visit for when you are staying in Luzern.

Consider this alternate 4-night itinerary:
Lauterbrunnen - 2 nights: easy to see Trummelbach Falls, Murren, Wengen, and other alpine attractions
Luzern - 2 nights: easy trips to Titlis, Rigi, Pilatus, lake cruises, cute town to explore

You can reach Zurich easily from Luzern (2 trains per hour, 70 minutes) to catch your train to Venice.

Posted by
8889 posts

If you are heading from Luzern to Venice on the same day, you do not want to go via Zürich. That is heading north in order to double back south. You can connect into the Venice train in Arth-Goldau, cuts the corner off and saves time.
If you want to spend time in Zürich, do it at the beginning.

Posted by
6 posts

i agree guys.

Although i guess i was badly advised and now i have already booked the hotels in Interlaken and zurich(non cancellable).

Any suggestions for making the best out of it....

Thanks in advance..

Posted by
1443 posts

Any suggestions for making the best out of it....

Yes, stay in Lauterbrunnen and Luzern as suggested anyway. If your hotel reservations are truly somehow non-refundable, then they are sunk costs and should not factor into your decision-making going forward.

Which Zurich and Interlaken hotels are you staying at that will not refund your money? That's absurd, especially in an off-season month such as April.