Please sign in to post.

4 Days in Switzerland Starting in Zurich and end in Lake Como (need itinerary recommendations)

Hi there,

I arrive in Zurich on July 16th and need to depart on July 20th down to Lake Como Area. My friend and I love the outdoors/scenic short hikes and want to see as much as possible/best recommendation in Switzerland.

Not sure where to stay over night and where to do day trips. Recommendations have included: Kandersteg, Lucerne, Interlaken and Saint Moritz.

This is very last minute and would appreciate an itinerary that tells me where to stay over night. Again we don't mind the train journeys.

Thank you!

Posted by
20154 posts

down to Lake Como Area

Where specifically? I would suggest going to Pontresina for 4 nights, then taking the train to Tirano then on to Varenna on Lake Como. Plenty of places to go and see from Pontresina, including St Moritz.

Posted by
4764 posts

Spend as much time in the Berner Oberland as possible. However, reports here indicate that lodging is in short supply and expensive, all over Europe, so the availability of where you can sleep may impact your itinerary.
Go straight from Zurich to Lucerne- it's an east train trip. Forget St Moritz, it's a glitzy shopping mecca. If you're doing the Bernina Express route perhaps start from Chur or Pontressina.
Have a great trip in this beautiful country and pls report back!
Safe travels!