Please sign in to post.

270 Day Validity is Now in Effect

To @Carrie and everyone else….2 weeks ago I uploaded my EU Covid Cert to the Swiss Covid App…..it showed validity to 13/10/2022….tied to my booster from 15/10/2022 (3rd shot).

This am the app is now showing validity to 10/07/2022 (July 10 2022)

Not sure what this means for our RS tour that starts July 3 to July 14….we depart Switzerland actually July 15.

Posted by
2633 posts

Thanks for reporting back Chris.

From what i've been reading in the local paper, Tages-Anzeiger, i suspect we'll be hearing of some changes in the near future. I'll post when i hear any official news from the Swiss gov.

Posted by
2633 posts

I just read this on the official gov. page. It sounds like you need to apply for a new certificate with your booster shot and that will be valid for 365 days.

Is the validity of the certificate extended after the booster
vaccination? Answer No. You receive a new certificate for the booster,
which is valid for 365 days from the date of the booster vaccination.

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/haeufig-gestellte-fragen.html?faq-url=/covid/en/vaccination/booster/validity-certificate-extended-after-booster-vaccination

A couple of things to keep in mind: I’m not sure if this page was updated after the time-line was reduced for the original shots. The rules will most likely change prior to the summer.

Posted by
531 posts

Well how do you get a 4th shot when it is not recommended currently or are they saying just re-apply for a new certificate based on 3rd shot??? They seem to be short on information on their page.

Thank you Carrie for keeping us up to date:)

Posted by
2633 posts

The site is definitely referring to the 3rd shot when they mention booster. Switzerland is not currently offering a 4th shot.

I’m not sure if you read my post here, but at some point the European countries will either have to extend the vaccine validity time-line or offer a 4th shot. Otherwise, no one will be able to do anything. So, we just have to be patient for now.

https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/covid19/vaccine-validity-please-stop-freaking-out

I’ll be closing watching for any changes announced at the Swiss gov. Wednesday meetings.

Posted by
4324 posts

Yes, this. The 180/270 days business is annoying and arbitrary, doesn't seem to be based on any kind of research.

but at some point the European countries will either have to extend the vaccine validity time-line or offer a 4th shot. Otherwise, no one will be able to do anything