Please sign in to post.

2025 late march early april swiss/italy trip

Hi everyone beginning planning my 2nd 14 days (2) travel time... big trip (first was new zealand) any ways husband and i are planning our first europe trip, current ideas are fly into zurich, stay in lucerne 3 days. take train down to genoa or milan (would like to see zermat or ? if you can from train, then either nice france or ? definately would like to end at cinque terre stay 4 days there.fly out of genow.. can switch trip around also. we are more interested in nature, animals beautiful scenery more quiet, fantastic food, probably won't be coming back to this region so more bucket list things (lucerene) is the actual town on it. we are both 62 i have some limited walking, as long as i can sit a few minutes i can keep going mile or 2. but no serious climbing. husband can do anything. thx for any and all input. i can change dates as well.

Posted by
17 posts

I just got back from the Cinque Terre area and it's CROWDED! We rented a farm house in Levanto and enjoyed Levanto very much. We had planned to spend several days in the Cinque Terre towns, but after one day we had no desire to go back. Levanto is charming and much less crowded.

Posted by
4719 posts

Rick pretty freely admits that he ruined CT, so time of year would be very important. This also sounds like a pretty exhausting tour, why not just pick CH or Italy and focus on a few sites?

Posted by
30 posts

thank you for replies, i now booked flight to milan, private car to bellagio for 5 days, then train to rome, stay in rome 2 full day, doing a golf cart ride. private car to sorrento staying 5 days there, doing a boat ride to capri, day trip to positano and amalfi,, then naples 1 night to catch super early flight back. I will probably do a london, paris and switzerland trip on next trip. im so excited first time to europe. mary