Please sign in to post.

Berggasthaus Aescher

Does anyone know if early dinner or dinner is served on Sundays? Apparently you cannot rent a room on Sunday nights. Also need to reserve a room on September 21,2014 in that area. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

James

Posted by
32206 posts

jeg,

I don't know the answer to the dinner question. I'd suggest contacting the Bergasthaus directly (phone would be quickest).

For a room in that area, I'd suggest staying in Appenzell. It's nearby and it's a beautiful small town. You might have a look at Hotel Adler, which is also a bakery. The wonderful odor of fresh baked pastries is something you won't find at most hotels.

Posted by
12 posts

I'm not certain about when Aescher serves dinner. I'd also recommend staying in Appenzell. I just visited and stayed at Hotel Garni Traube and it was a quaint little hotel in the city center. It's a quick train ride away to the base of the mountain where you'll find Berggasthaus Aescher and hopefully you'll at least get to sit on their patio for a while and enjoy some fresh coffee and meringue! Fabulous views, worth the hike (or cable car if you prefer).