Please sign in to post.

Zurich Hotel

We are flying into Zurich on June 12 to take a Viking River Boat tour on Sat. June 14.
Can anyone recommend a inexpensive hotel. Nothing fancy, but clean and centrally located.
I may try priceline.com. Anyone have any experience with using it?

Thanks so much!

Suzyque

Posted by
32198 posts

Suzy,

You might have a look at Hotel Walhalla which is about three minute walk from the main station (Hbf). I found the rooms to be very modern and comfortable and the staff are great. It's also a very convenient location for embarking on local tours, as the tours depart from the lot across the street from the hotel. I booked some local tours while there, and the desk clerk came with me and make all the arrangements, which was very helpful (of course I can't say whether all guests get that same level of service). There's also a Tram stop right outside the front door, and the entrance to the Rail City is about a 30 second walk and then down some stairs.

Posted by
7209 posts

Zurich is one of the world's most expensive cities. Don't be expecting to find a nice, clean, centrally located, inexpensive hotel in downtown Zurich. You might find one "less expensive" than other surrounding hotels...but it definitely won't be "inexpensive".

Posted by
8421 posts

Suzyque, I assume your cruise starts in Basel? I would head there, or stay in Luzern. Easy to get anywhere from the train station at Zurich airport. Its very expensive (and clean) everywhere in Switzerland, but either of those two places are more charming than downtown Zurich.