Please sign in to post.

Murren in May?

Does anyone know of some good hotels near the Jungfrau railway? Does anyone know if hotels and restaurants are open in Murren the 3rd week of May!

Posted by
20081 posts

Hotel Silberhorn in Wengen. WAB (Wengner Alp Bahn) station is right across the street to take you up to Kleine Scheidegg where you change to the Jungfraujochbahn.

Posted by
12040 posts

Just so you're aware, Mürren is on the opposite side of the valley from the Jungfraubahn.

I have no idea what criterea the various hotels and restaurants use to decide when to reopen after the spring shoulder season. But if weather forms a part of their decision, more businesses than normal may be open early this year, because it's generally been a mild winter.

Posted by
27 posts

I will be in Murren the same week, actually. I booked the Hotel Edelweiss Superior. Never been, but reviews were good and the views looked nice.

Posted by
4 posts

A lot of the hotels are closed in Wengen in April/May, so we decided to stay in Grindelwald at the Hotel Central Wolter looks nice and pretty good prices. Will post after our trip and let all you know how the hotel was.