Please sign in to post.

Lugano v. Como

We will be on a road-trip through northern Italy and Switzerland and have one night to stay in Lugano or Como. Where should we stay?

Posted by
20089 posts

I believe Roberto gave you a very succinct and totally politically incorrect answer on the "ITALY" forum.

Posted by
32206 posts

Lots of answers in your other Thread. You might want to delete this one to keep all replies in the same place.

Posted by
1010 posts

A few years ago we took the Wilhelm Tell Express out of Lucerne and ended in Lugano. It was a combination river boat bus (I believe) and train. Then we spent five nights at the Hotel Lugano Dante Center. When we exited the train, we crossed the tracks, took an extremely short funicular ride and we arrived at the hotel. It is a lovely hotel. They offer a very nice and homey breakfast in their dining room. Lugano is a small place. You walk outside of the hotel and you are on cobblestones. Al the cobblestones wrap around stores and businesses. Then you have a short walk to the lake. We weren't impressed with the choice of restaurants in Lugano though. We used Lugano as our basis for day - train trips. We took the train to Milan, Lake Como and Lake Maggiore. They were all short train trips. I hope you enjoy wherever you go. Switzerland is so pretty.