Please sign in to post.

09 Days in switzerland and paris May 2020

All,

Merry Christmas to you all and happy new year 2020.

Planning to visit Switzerland and Paris in first week of May-20 with my wife ...Have booked my flight tickets to Geneva and return from paris.. This is our first trip after marriage ..need suggestions on where to stay in switz ( Around geneva) for 3 nights and some decent budget hotel recommendations and activities to do.

Suggestion on where to stay in paris and any other places to visit around paris as we will be having 5 nights time at paris.

thanks

Ram

Posted by
8889 posts

need suggestions on where to stay in switz ( Around geneva) for 3 nights

My suggestion, NOT around Geneva. As soon as you land, get a train (station at airport terminal) to the Jungfrau Region. One of Mürren, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen or Grindelwald, spend your 3 nights there, and then get a train to Paris.

For info and hotels in the region see here: https://jungfrauregion.swiss/en/summer/
Try googlng those 4 place names (Mürren, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen and Grindelwald) and look at some photos. Plenty of posts on this and other forums about them.

Train times here (Swiss Federal Railways): https://www.sbb.ch/en
"Genève-Aéroport" to any of the 4 locations: ~3½ hours, 2 departures per hour
Any of the 4 locations to Paris: 6h10, departure every 1-2 hours

Posted by
22 posts

Are you open to staying in an Airbnb in Paris? Not sure what your expectations or budget is.
We stayed in an amazing place right next to the Orsay with a view of the Seine. It was a million dollar view. The room itself was clean and comfortable and the host was very helpful. Very reasonable rate also. However, it was a shared space (private bedroom). May not be for everyone. If you'd like I can send you link.

Posted by
22 posts

If you've never been to Paris, you can easily spend 5-6 days without getting bored! What are your interests? Just walking around and enjoying sights, architecture, cafes, food, etc can fill your days without paying any admission. There are a lot of free walking tours. Also, just walking along the Seine is amazing. Especially at sunset and night! That's one of the reasons I loved our room, because every evening we walked along the river coming back to our room and it was so lovely.
Have you checked out the different neighborhoods? We had 5 full days and spent a day experiencing a different neighborhood. We also got the museum pass, and it was worth every penny! We went to the Louvre 3 different times. If you like history or art at all, you must visit the Louvre! Versailles would be an easy day trip also. We didn't make it there, but if we'd had another day we would have.
We also took a night cruise of the Seine for only about 20 euros for both of us.

Posted by
19 posts

Dear rimiller612,

thank you for your time and reply. Please do share the link of Air bnb stay to check details.