Please sign in to post.

vegetarian food options in Lucerne and Interlaken?

What are some places with good vegetarian food options in Lucerne and Interlaken?

Rose

Posted by
50 posts

For Lucerne: Tibits in the train station on the top floor (purely vegetarian) and "dean & david" on Morgartenstrasse 4 (10 minutes from the train station) have lots of vegetarian options.

Posted by
11294 posts

In Luzern, the Manora (atop the Manor department store) has many veggie options, since it has various "stations" like a buffet. It's also cheaper than a regular restaurant, and delicious with freshly prepared food. However, be aware that it's usually crowded (the Swiss know it's a good deal) and that it's only open department store hours, which means early dinner Monday through Friday, no dinner on Saturday, and no meals at all on Sundays.

The Tibits mentioned above is a good place with good prices, and it's open Sundays for lunch and dinner. It's on the top floor of the Luzern train station (most other eateries there are on the bottom floor).

Interlaken has many Asian restaurants, to cater to the large tour groups there. Some have one cuisine, others are pan-Asian (I have a picture of a restaurant called TrulyAsia, serving food from "Vietnam China Thailand Korea"). I assume these will have many vegetarian options; whether they are any good is another question (I had no meals in Interlaken, since I was staying in Mürren).