Please sign in to post.

Mürren hotels, Rick Steve’s discounts?

Could anyone tell me if there are any Rick Steve’s hotel discounts in Mürren? My husband and I will be traveling there in March and use all of Rick Steve’s books except I forgot to buy the Switzerland book...🙄 I know he usually lists that information under hotel recommendations. Thank you for any help!

Posted by
7209 posts

Just stay with Denise at the Chalet Fontana if you can find an opening. It’s the best place in Murren and the most affordable.

Posted by
8346 posts

From 9th edition RS guidebook

Hotel Blumental, Eiger Guesthouse are listed as having RS discount.

Other suggested hotels were Hotel Eiger, Hotel Edelweiss, Hotel Bellevue, Hotel Jungfrau, Hotel Regina, and Chalet Fontana.

Posted by
7209 posts

The Blumental has been bought buy the Schilthornbahn company...just like they also own the Hotel Alpenruh. If there was a previous agreement in place it’s probably doubtful the new owners would honor it.

Posted by
265 posts

We were very happy with the Hotel Alpenrue - great location and views. I don't remember if we got a discount but the rates were very reasonable.

Posted by
1 posts

Not sure about a discount, but Hotel Bellevue was fabulous- helpful, informative owners, comfortable rooms, reasonable price, good breakfast, great restaurant with great views.