Please sign in to post.

Help.. Murren Switzerland Hotels April 2022

I need help! I have planned a major trip and will be passing through Murren on March 31st for 1 night.

Every hotel I have checked shows they are closed... I am so bummed.

Can anyone tell me anything about this and any suggestions?

Thanks

Posted by
647 posts

We liked the Bellevue Hotel. Great meals.
Email the hotel directly, rather than booking online. The owner Ruth always answered our emails promptly.

Posted by
6888 posts

They're not closed. March 31st is still ski season, and therefore they may be reluctant to sell rooms just for 1 night when they can have skiers who stay the whole week. Best to reach out directly to hotels, in that case.

Posted by
2 posts

Apparently, Eiger is doing major renovations starting the last week in March. The other hotels had an internet outage last night and so it wouldnt let me book anywhere... lol perfect storm. I am looking at Hotel Edelweiss at this point.

Any suggestions on eating while in Murren? I realize it going to be very expensive, but this is a one time visit to the region for us.

Posted by
16241 posts

Hotel Bellevue has rooms available on March 31 for 210 or 220 CHF ( standard double or superior).

https://www.bellevuemuerren.ch/english/hotel-rooms/

Half-board ( dinner and breakfast) is available to 39 CHF additional per guest, which is a bargain. They are our restaurant choice when we dine out in Mürren.

Posted by
1166 posts

We stayed at Hotel Bellevue and loved it!

We ate at their restaurant every night and devoured everything!

Posted by
103 posts

A quick search on booking.com for that night shows a number of hotels with availability including Hotel Alpenruh, Hotel Alpina, and Hotel Jungfrau, the later of which we stayed at during a RS Tour in 2014. I suggest two nights in Murren if your schedule permits.

Posted by
93 posts

Another vote for Hotel Bellevue! Our stay was exceptional and the owners couldn’t be nicer!

Posted by
2128 posts

The Eiger Guesthouse (across from the BLM train station) is a good choice for a meal. We ate there several times during our last visit.

Posted by
797 posts

i just checked the web site for the Hotel Alpina and the show availability. We stayed there a few years ago, it is right on the edge of the valley and if you can get a valley-side room, you wil never forget the view.

Posted by
44 posts

We stayed at Hotel Alpenblick Murren in July 2018 and loved it. Good price, nice staff.

Posted by
91 posts

We stayed in :
Hotel Edelweiss
CH-3825 Mürren
Familie Kuster-von Allmen

This was back in October 2019. Nice hotel and was one of the only few open.

Posted by
4392 posts

Or, head down the cliff to Lauterbrunnen if necessary