Please sign in to post.

Stockholm Accommodations June 2018

Does anyone know of small hotels or B&Bs near the Arlanda airport shuttle dropoff in Stockholm that are less than $115 a night (under 900 SEK/night)? It needs to be suitable for an older female traveling alone, and include breakfast. I'm looking for one of those gems that only do direct bookings, not through the typical online booking services that charge commissions to owners. Thank you to anyone who has good suggestions!

Posted by
4076 posts

savvysightseer, we will also be looking for accommodations in Stockholm in June 2018 but have not found anything yet (we'll be staying centrally for 5 nights). There seems to be more info on cruisecritic.com for one night stays - there might be something there to help you.

Edit* I misread and thought you were only staying one night. Sorry! I usually start, though, by looking on the 3rd party sites just for ideas and then check out the actual hotel/b&b website. Trying to balance price & location isn't easy! I have also read through many previous posts from past years on this site for ideas. There might be some that would help you, as well.

Posted by
7837 posts

i am an older male i traveled with a 70 year old. We stayed in a double about the price range you quoted at the Radisson Arlanda. There was a free drop off shuttle from Arlanda airport and buffet breakfast included.
I would not call it a gem since it is by the airport; there is not much to see or night life but it is quiet ; I booked it direct
https://www.radissonblu.com/en

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you for the Radisson Blu suggestion; at the moment it is more expensive than I'd like. I have found an interesting place and would like to know if anyone has used this: Broby Gård. There is a direct pickup from the airport, en suite rooms and full breakfast for 912 SEK. Wonderful reviews online.

For the people looking for several nights' stay in Stockholm, I have booked the Comfort Hotel at an average of $120/night (964 SEK). This includes full breakfast and is en suite. The location is what sold me on this - it is right at the main transit stations, so very little walking with a suitcase, and central to walking to all main sights.

Any feedback people have on these places, I would appreciate. These rates are the full refundable ones, so if anyone has another that comes in at a lower price, I can still change.

Thanks!

Posted by
5516 posts

Are you just looking for a place to sleep for a night or do you actually want to see Stockholm? Broby Gård is in Märsta and is very close to the airport, but not so convenient if you are planning to sightsee in Stockholm.

According to googlemaps it is a 1.8 km walk to the Märsta train station. From there, the cheapest way to get to Stockholm would be the commuter train (pendeltåg) which is covered by the SL card.

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you, Laura. I am only looking at Broby Gård for one night; my flight gets in a bit late, so I figured it would be easier to stay there and then travel into the city and stay there for several nights. I appreciate the information about the train; I had thought to take the included shuttle transport back to the airport, then the Flygplatsen bus into Stockholm. I'll look into the train instead since it's so close.

Posted by
3207 posts

Heads Up. I'm am, I think, disregarding your location near the Arlanda Shuttle...not sure what that is as I came in by the Arlanda Express and left by taxi. However, this was my first international solo trip and I was/am, as you describe, an older women traveling alone. I stayed at the Hotel Hornsgatan, which is on Södermalm. I walked most places, but the T is just down the street, a straight shot from the Arlanda Express (although I took a taxi). Sodermalm is interesting in itself, but there is a lovely walk with a fantastic view to Slussen and Gamla Stan. This is a small hotel in an apartment building. A single room for the beginning of June is now less than 900 SEK. I did take a small single with a shared bathroom to save money and was slightly worried about this, but there was no need. You could get a room with a bathroom, but it would be more expensive. I loved this little hotel. Breakfast is included, but even more importantly, there are cakes and cookies out all day and night long. As I was ill the first day, this was a godsend. The shared bathrooms are single, spotless bathrooms and there are so many there is never an issue. I'd say they were cleaner than most ensuite hotel bathrooms. Even though the front desk is not manned overnight, they will come if needed as they appear to live in the building/neighborhood. During my overnight trips to the bathroom, I felt very safe, as again, it is locked and inside a locked building, and the hotel is small. IM me if you want more details.

Posted by
9 posts

Hello Wray. Sorry to hear about the start of your trip; hope you improved quickly. Thank you for your detail about the hotel; I'll definitely look into it!

Posted by
5516 posts

savvysightseer, even if your flight gets in late, I'd recommend that you head directly into Stockholm. It is only 15 minutes on the Arlanda Express and you can easily switch to the tunnelbana (subway) or a taxi.