Please sign in to post.

Stockholm + ?

I will be flying in and out of Stockholm on May 20 and 31. I would prefer not to spend the whole time in Sweden and would like to visit another county for the last few days of my trip (27/28-31). (I probably need to be back in Stockholm on the night of the 30th given when my flight leaves the next day.) What is my best bet? I'm considering Copenhagen, Tallin, and Riga. I'm not interested in Oslo at this time.

I'd love any advice from travelers who have taken similar trips!

Posted by
11156 posts

Our Swedish friends recommended that we take an excursion to either Helsinki or Tallin by ferry, overnight on ferry. We didn't have enough time to do it but it sounds interesting.

Posted by
752 posts

If you have not been to the Baltic states, Riga is a gem. Very different feel from Sweden. Its architecture is amazing, from the Hanseatic days through art nouveau and on to the Soviet years. Huge central food market to visit, good restaurants, cafes, and one of my favorite hotels the Gutenbergs.
Plenty of museums and Jumala on the coast.

You could fly from Stockrholm rather cheaply if you book early.

Posted by
6374 posts

Copenhagen, Tallinn and Riga are all great choices. My recommendation would probably be Tallinn, and easy ferry trip from Stockholm, that also gives you a great view of the archipelago as you leave/arrive Stockholm. Can also easily be combined with Finland.