Please sign in to post.

Safety in Stockholm

Hey there,

I've heard about the recent terror threats to Stockholm which may be happening this upcoming weekend with the Kings birthday. Has anybody else heard about this and concerned about going at this time? I am supposed to be traveling there this weekend and I'm nervous if I should make an earlier flight and not stay in Stockholm at all. Any advice or opinions?

Thanks!

Posted by
86 posts

My suggestion is do what makes you feel comfortable, but I personally would not change my plans. I hope that you have a great trip no matter what you decide.

Posted by
2487 posts

You can also reason that the security forces are now more alert than ever, and make Stockholm the safest place in the region.

Posted by
518 posts

All boils down to your own tolerance and comfort level. You could go and have a fabulous time, likewise, a terror attack could strike in another city that none of us would have expected to be a target. Sometimes, it's just hard to predict or know for sure.

Posted by
23267 posts

No one can tell what to do because they do not know you mind set. I can tell you I would go without a second thought but my personal fear level for these kinds of threats is very, very low. You have to decide what you are comfortable doing. I could tell you that the possibility of being involved in a terrorists attack is a little less than being hit by lightning but that probably would not make you feel better because I don't think there is anything anyone could say that would make you feel less fearful. Your decision.