I am a pastel artist from New Hampshire, traveling to Sweden with my husband in May. Are there specific sites that would make worthy small studies for me? Are there special exhibits or events to attend? Are there pastels manufactured in Sweden that would make a great destination for me?
Are there specific sites that would make worthy small studies for me?
What are you looking for? Landscapes, city scenes, architecture or something else?
Are there special exhibits or events to attend?
Pastel art or art in general?
Are there pastels manufactured in Sweden that would make a great
destination for me?
Not that I know, but this is really not my area of expertise.
Thank you for these suggestions!! Is the park you mentioned in Stockholm or a different city?
Since you haven't answered my questions it is a bit tricky to give advice, but here are a few suggestions for sites:
- The archipelagos. Personally I prefer the Bohuslän archipelago, but the others are nice as well.
- Gotland in general and Visby in particular.
- Öregrund, a cute little town on the Baltic sea shore.
- Ale stenar
- Uppsala, in particular the historic city centre and the Viking burial mounds and rune stones at Gamla Uppsala.
- Läckö slott
- Falun, both the older buildings in the town and the old copper mine.
- The mountain range in general. Many spectacular views.
- Höga Kusten.
- Vadstena, the old town centre and the castle.
WOW! Great ideas for us. I thank you BOTH for the list of destinations.
I have a feeling it is beautiful all over the place. We can't wait to be there!
I don't believe you need to look very far, no matter where you will be in Sweden for pastel study subjects. It's a beautiful or cute, citified or countrified country so just focus and pastel (can pastel be verb, if not, pretend it is in this case). While I'm sure somewhere must be ugly...I haven't yet found it. Is it that you haven't considered any destinations at all and you want the large destination recommended or specific destinations in a location?
Thank you Wray, this sounds like my hopes for the trip will be fulfilled!!