Please sign in to post.

Itinerary suggestion

Hello.....
We are 3 couples traveling next August and I wanted to get any advise on our tentative itinerary.

We will be departing the US on Wed August 19th and will fly to Stockholm. Then we will fly from Oslo to Amsterdam on Monday, August 31. We board a cruise on September 2 to sail to Boston. So we basically have 11 days for this part of the trip.

So far this is my thoughts:

Arrive Stockholm and stay 3 nights

train to Copenhagen and stay 3 nights

overnight ferry to Oslo and stay 3 nights.

That leaves me with 1 extra night? Should we spend it in Stockholm to help get over our jet lag or should we stay the extra night in another one of these cities as there is just so much to see and do?

Our cruise once we board will be going to Bergen and up the coast of Norway. It just did not stop at Oslo.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

With the itinerary you have now, you have only 2 full days in each city. That is not a lot. And travelling takes up some time also. If there are no particular reason for Copenhagen, I would just focus on Stockholm and Oslo. There are many things to see and do.

Posted by
6377 posts

I saw that you got some good answers in the Tripadvisor forum (I presume that was you), but yes, one day extra in Stockholm to help get over the jet lag sounds like a good idea. Also, can you board the cruise in Bergen instead of Amsterdam?

Posted by
99 posts

It looks like you have plenty of time in all three cities. Staying in either Copenhagen or Stockholm should be good enough if you know what to do. Maybe staying in Stockholm will save you some time, and help you relax better and get over your jet leg. Have fun!