Please sign in to post.

Arlanda Express

Should I pre purchase tickets for the Arlanda Express prior to leaving for our trip? Or is it easy to purchase them at the airport after we land. We will be landing at Arlanda airport on April 22 at around 18:00. Thank you.

Posted by
6396 posts

They are easy to buy at the airport, but they are also easy buy in advance. So in the end it is a matter of personal preference and there is no right or wrong way.

Posted by
36 posts

I'm just thinking about possible flight delays so I'll just wait and buy at the airport. Is there signage in the airport that directs us to the train?
Thanks Badger

Posted by
15014 posts

Yes, it's easy to find the train and to buy tickets. I've taken it a few times and just bought my tickets before boarding.

Posted by
4624 posts

The tickets are not for a specific date or time:

• Valid for 1 one-way trip within 90 days

And are:

• Refundable until the last day of validity, activated tickets are non-refundable

https://www.arlandaexpress.com/summary

(Put a ticket in your cart to see these terms. )

So you needn't worry about flight delays.

Posted by
6396 posts

As mentioned, a ticket bought in advance is not tied to a certain departure. Buying a ticket in advance means you can just board the next train to Stockholm when you arrive at the airport. It means you need to remember where the ticket is, but on the other hand it means that you don't have to worry about queues at the ticket machines. Although neither is in general a problem, so again, it's a matter of personal preference.

Posted by
2427 posts

My two cents, I would buy the tickets online in advance. I personally find it easier on arrival in Europe jet lagged and addle brained to have one less thing to do/figure out. As a previous poster said, just don’t lose the ticket.

Posted by
125 posts

I would have suggested Flixbus, which you can catch right outside Terminals 4-5. It is less than 1/3 the price of the Arlanda Express and takes you to Stockholm Central. Unfortunately, on April 22, the only bus after 6 pm is at 10:45. But for others wanting to save money in the future, Flixbus is a good option. There is an app and you can purchase tickets in advance.