Please sign in to post.

Arlanda Express

Do I understand correctly that I can purchase the 2 for 350 SEK ticket at the kiosk in the airport? Is there any advantage to purchasing online prior? Not accustomed to using public transit but taxi is expensive. Thanks.
*Edit to add: we will only be going one way

Posted by
11156 posts

We used a machine at Arlanda to buy tickets. If you qualify, make sure you get a senior discount.

Posted by
9565 posts

If you buy more than 7 days in advance, you can save 100 sek (about $10j off the cost of a ticket. I bought two one-ways this way and saved more than $20 off the price of their advertised round-trip ticket.

Posted by
3 posts

I do not know how many in your party. Three of us in recently (early August) took an Uber from the airport to Gamla Stan for about 470 SEK.

Posted by
2427 posts

We bought our tickets online and saved money. There was no printed ticket. You just hand the credit card that you used to purchase the ticket to the conductor on board and they verify that you paid. There are two terminal stops. Ask the conductor which one to get off at. The Arlanda Express is very quick and very easy.

Posted by
6372 posts

There are two terminal stops. Ask the conductor which one to get off
at.

No need to ask anyone. Arlanda S for Terminals 2, 3 and 4 and Arlanda N for Terminal 5.

Posted by
2427 posts

I asked the conductor which terminal to get off at because at that point I didn’t know which terminal would be best for reaching our hotel. It was listed as between terminal 4 and 5. Trying to save myself a long walk lugging baggage.

Posted by
12 posts

I took at taxi from downtown Stockholm to Arlanda last summer. I thought it was going to be expensive but I remember it to be about $50 which isn't much different for cities in the US.

Posted by
224 posts

We bought round trip from a guy at a kiosk in the airport. I agree it was more, maybe 350 pp? But yes no problem buying as you are navigating the airport. Near the train entrance.

Taxi isn't that expensive, you can get a taxi to city center at fixed rate for around 500 SEK.

The prices for Arlanda Express is the following:

Adult from 26 years
Single SEK 299
Return SEK 579

Children 0-17 years - accompanied SEK 0

Children/Youth 8-25 years - unaccompanied 149 SEK single

You can take the bus for 99 SEK if you book online. It departs right outside the arrival hall.

Posted by
13 posts

The Flixbus website indicates $4.99 one way from terminals 2/3. Does anyone know if this is right and has anyone used this service?

Posted by
533 posts

The Flixbus website indicates $4.99 one way from terminals 2/3. Does anyone know if this is right and has anyone used this service?

I haven't personally taken Flixbus to Arlanda airport, but that's the price they quote, so I don't see why it wouldn't be right. Note, however, that $4.99 fares aren't available at all times of day (the price goes up as more tickets are sold), and there's a $2 service fee (per booking, not per ticket) to book tickets online.

If you want a very cheap option, and if you don't care much about how long it takes, do you know about the 583 bus to the Märsta commuter train? It, along with all your other transit options, is detailed here: https://www.routesnorth.com/stockholm/getting-arlanda-stockholm-city/

Posted by
6372 posts

Flixbus is 45 kr one way. They are pretty new on the route and I guess they are trying to gain market share. But if price is important, the route via Märsta is still the cheapest since you are probably going to use a travel card anyway.