Please sign in to post.

Zaragoza, Spain - restaurants and things to do/see

We are going to Zaragoza, Spain this summer and I would love any recommendations on restaurants to eat at and things to do and/or see.

Posted by
6534 posts

I only spent part of a day there back in 2004, but enjoyed the Plaza de Pilar and walking around the historic center. Sites like TripAdvisor or a google search can give you some ideas.

Posted by
27111 posts

The Aljaferia Palace is interesting and has an English-language audio guide. Check opening hours carefully; i think they may be a bit unusual. The palace is about midway between the train/bus station and the historic center, roughly a 15-minute walk from either direction. There is frequent bus service between the station anf the center, which must have a stop near the palace. I mention this because Zaragoza can be really, really hot in tne summer.

I got a great rate at the business-class Eurostars hotel at the station; I guess sane business travelers avoid the city in mid-summer. I would not stay in that area again, because there didn't seem to be any restaurants. I don't like having to hop on a bus to find food, and in the heat I wasn't interested in wandering around the neighborhood, looking for something.

Posted by
7175 posts

Los Victorinos is the most famous of the traditional tapas venues in the ‘el Tubo’ bar district. Thoroughly recommended.