Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Costa Brava

We will be ending a three week visit to Spain with a few nights in the Costa Brava area. Looking for recommendations on which town to stay in. Thinking about a night in Girona and two nights in another location on the water.

Posted by
1090 posts

We will be there in three weeks. I did a lot of research on the towns and we decided on Llafranc. I really wanted to stay in Cadaques also, but we will make that a day trip rom Llafranc instead. I can update this post once we have visited the area, as this will be our first trip to the Costa Brava.

Posted by
7175 posts

The Costa Brava has so many delights that 4 or 5 nights is useful.

Day
1. Via Girona to Llafranc (2N)
2. Possibly explore Tamariu, Begur, Aiguablava
3. Via ruins at Empuries to Cadaques (2N)
4. Possibly explore Port Lligat, Port de la Selva, Sant Pere de Rodes
5. Via Figueres to Barcelona

Posted by
54 posts

Hi. We rented a car on our way out of Barcelona and drove to Begur, a lovely small town with an old castle up on a high hill. We stayed three nights I think. From there we did a daytrip to Girona, and another to Figueres for the Dali Museum. From there we drove to Cadaques, which was impossibly beautiful. You can walk over to Port Lligat and tour Dali's home. We loved this part of Spain. Have fun!

Posted by
1090 posts

Sent Anne a PM, but I can say that we have fallen in love with Llafranc and Palafrugell. It's still warm here (77 degrees) and not crowded. Much of Llafranc is closed up, but there is still plenty to do and a few wonderful restaurants.