Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Barcelona

We will be in Barcelona in June for two days. What hotels are good and reasonable and in safe locations?

Posted by
194 posts

In 2012, we stayed at Hotel HCC Montblanc (Vía Laietana, 61, Ciutat Vella). I remember it being in the $125-150 per night range.

The hotel itself was fine for our needs, clean and comfortable but not particularly memorable or romantic. But we were just a family of four (kids 18 and 15) not looking for too much "adventure" in a city we didn't know very well, so the location for us worked really well, as it was close to the Ramblas and the old town. We even walked to the beach one day.

That was our only trip to Barcelona, but if I needed to go back, and wasn't sure where else to stay, I'd certainly have no problem staying there again.

Posted by
32 posts

I did AirBnb and stayed in Barri Gotic. Loved it. I'm a single female and never felt unsafe.

Posted by
255 posts

Stayed at Hotel Gran Ronda Ronda Sant Antoni, 49 Barcelona, ES, 08011.
3 star on Hotwire. Paid $70 per night in Nov.
Modern huge room, safe, wifi, mini fridge.
Cafe on the corner did great cheap breakfast and meals.
Great, safe neighborhood near University. Easy walk to Ramblas and a block over from airport bus.

Posted by
993 posts

We stayed at Hotel Montecarlo and really liked it!

Posted by
21 posts

Thanks everyone. FYI, Hotel MonteCarlo's website says they closed their doors in Dec 2015.

Posted by
2622 posts

I'm currently staying at the Hotel Europark. It's quite nice. Closer to Sagrada Familia than to the Ramblas, but we can walk over to Casa Battllo in about 15 minutes. Very nice staff, clean and modern rooms. Much less chaotic than over by las Ramblas. I would stay here again. I found rates to be really reasonable with advance purchase - starting at maybe 115 per night??