Visit is next month (September). We are arriving on a Tuesday morning, departing on Saturday afternoon to board a cruise ship.
No mobility limitations. Infrequent drinkers and not especially nightlife people but can power tour and "maximize" our day.
Tarragona a must-see -- interest in Roman history. I don't know if we should "leave" Barcelona again to see Montserrat. Not set in stone. Mostly interested for views/scenery/nature.
DAY ONE: (jet lagged)
- Arrive 0900 BCN
- Bus to hotel, drop luggage
- walk until you can't keep your eyes open
- Walk Las Rambla to Market La Boqueria (10 min walk from hotel).
- Walk harbor front to El Born Carrer dels Mirallers and Carrer dels Banys Vells
- Gothic Quarter visit the Plaça del Pi (courtyard), Carrer d’Avinyó (fashionable shopping street) Carrer dels Escudellers (ceramics)
- early dinner, sleep
DAY TWO Antoni Gaudí Architecture
- View Casa Batlló, from outside. Illa de la Discòrdia (Block of Discord)
- View Casa Mila from outside
- La Sagrada Familia –tickets for _____
- Walk around Gracia Neighborhood - Virreina Square Plaça de la Virreina
- Park Guell
DAY THREE Day trip to Tarragona
- Return to Barcelona for dinner
- Picasso Museum free Thursday afternoons 5.00pm to 8pm -- most likely not back in time?
DAY FOUR Montserrat Half-Day Trip
- Visit the monastery and walk along the via crucis walking trail
- Afternoon and Evening: More sightseeing and dinner in Barcelona (Olympic stadium? Fountains? Cable car?)
DAY FIVE. Last day in Barcelona
- breakfast/trip to fabric store
- Taxi to Moll Adossat (cruise terminal) 14 min taxi ride
- Board ship -- check-in time 2pm (I can change this to earlier or later). Ship leaves at 5pm.
Baluard Barceloneta - breakfast (on the Gaudi route)
Guelly SandwichPark for picnic at Park Guell
Billy Brunch and Garden - breakfast/lunch place
Pan’s Club (in El Born) -- quiche/salad/lunch place
Tapes Barcelona Restaurant, Carrer Ample, 46 -- dinner
La terrassa Miró -- dinner
La Pepita -- dinner
Wine Mood -- drinks, tapas
Crusteau, Av. de Ramón y Cajal, 17 (bakery, ham sandwiches, cakes, coffee, etc.). 7 min walk from Roman Wall (in Tarragona)
Bar de la Plaça in Montserrat– sandwiches and drinks
Thanks for reading and thanks for any advice. Am I missing anything that is a must-see? Opinions on Montserrat? We can skip it if we need to see more in Barcelona.