Please sign in to post.

Welcome Pickups

Hello Friends,
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
I was wondering if anyone has used Welcome Pickups for airport transfer. I would like to get your thoughts on their service. Thanks ever so much

Posted by
3213 posts

We just used them a few weeks ago in Greece at the Athens airport. Nice to have your ride waiting for you with your name on a sign. Definitely recommend!

Posted by
2700 posts

We used them in Rome for our return to FCO very early in the morning. On time, helpful, clean van, great and personable English speaking driver. It was more than a taxi but there were three of us, so it worked out fine.

Posted by
3592 posts

We also used them for a pick-up from the Athens airport. At that time, a couple of years ago, they were about €5 more than a taxi. We were so pleased, we booked our return trip on the spot.

Posted by
2939 posts

Sorry, can't provide background on them.

I, however, would like to point out that cabs are readily available in most European cities and they're regulated (so the fares are the same for all within the same city). On top of that, most cities also have alternative means of transportation between airports/ports and city centres, many of them public (metro, train, buses). They work efficiently, they're cheap, safe and clean... and most everybody use them, locals and visitors alike. This is the reason why 'transfer companies' are negligible and hardly worth looking at -unless very specific circumstances. Price-wise, in most cases, these are more expensive than cabs, and vastly more than some of the other alternatives mentioned.

Just sayin' :)