Please sign in to post.

Walking Tours

Hi. Good news is we leave for Spain on September 17 for a wonderful 13-day trip - Madrid, Cordoba, Granada, Nerja, Ronda, and Seville! Bad news is: One of the cats knocked over a glass of water on the coffee table last night where my laptop was sitting, frying it, and taking with it all the Spain research I've been doing on this forum all year. Yikes! I can piece together the itinerary from confirmation emails etc., but what I am really missing is all the sightseeing suggestions here and there that I recorded in a document that is now lost forever on my old hard drive.

In particular, I had assembled suggestions for "do it yourself" walking tours in Madrid, Cordoba, and Seville. I will try to recreate them with the Rick Steves book, but I just know there are posts here somewhere on this forum where people shared their walking tours. When I Google walking tours, I of course come up with all the paid tours, but I really wanted to venture out on our own. I know it's a long-shot, but thought I'd post to see if folks had walking tours they did and could share with me.

Thanks!

Posted by
8146 posts

Look for "Free Walking Tours" online for the cities you're visiting. Guides work for tips and they're fully licensed--and excellent. We always pay to take their nightlife or pub crawl tour at nights to find local restaurants and bars.

Posted by
4574 posts

Oh, what a pain. At least key things were resurrected.
Haven't been yet, but do download Ricks free guide aps either from website, itunes or android store.
Also Lonely Planet website most likely has walking tours on their website. They have them in their books andmoften have similar info on their site.

Posted by
540 posts

It seemed that several of the cities had free walking tours, that took donations. I saw them in Madrid.

Looks like you aren't going to Barcelona, but we took a wonderful street art tour. I got to see graffiti/street art in an entirely new light.

Also, we did the Madrid city walk from the Rick Steves audio app and really enjoyed it. As well, we took the Seville guided tour he has in his Spain 2017 book.