Please sign in to post.

Vueling Airlines

Has anyone flown Vueling Airlines? Traveling from Barcelona to Granada and it seems to be the fastest way but wondering about the Vueling experience.

Thanks for any info!

Posted by
7850 posts

For some reason on this forum there have been some reports of bad luck with Vueling. But I have taken them a couple of times now (Rome to Paris and Florence to Paris) and both times the plane arrived on time and I carried on and checked my bag
and they didn't lose or damage it. You have to read the conditions of carriage and follow that and there will not be any problems. Also when you check-in you online let the system select the seat for you if you want to save money. And if your flight is ever cancelled or delay in Europe and it is not because the weather is bad or a worker's strike file a claim it works
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Compensation_Regulation_261/2004

Posted by
11159 posts

Both times I booked with my flights were cancelled and replacement flights were much later, like 12 hrs.

Posted by
4044 posts

Vueling has the same corporate ownership as Iberia, Aer Lingus and British Airways. The flying experience is roughly the same as with the other low-cost airlines which have revolutionized European travel: You pay for everything you get, one item at a time. To repeat the previous advice, read the company's website carefully to see all the extra fees that do not appear on the first page of your itinerary. Buy such things as luggage allowances in advance and check in on line as soon as it is allowed. In my limited experience, it is good value for money but the satisfactions come all from getting there rather than the flight itself.

Posted by
2942 posts

Never had a problem and I've used it extensively.

Anyway, those flying in/out of Barcelona the next few days, DO be aware there are several (industrial) actions announced so it might affect your flight:

July 25,26th - Ryanair will cancel +600 flights across Italy, Spain, Belgium and Portugal
July 27,28th and Aug 3,4th - Iberia ground staff will strike at the El Prat Airport

There are ongoing negotiations hence this might change. In any case, in Europe, when it comes to public transportation you can't do a "total closure" type of industrial action so any action means delays, crowds and cancellations of a number of flights but not a total stoppage. Still, it can be very frustrating.

** update ** latest news is that the Iberia strike has been called off

Posted by
5581 posts

I flew Vueling from Barcelona to Vienna with my daughters. Given it is a "budget" airline, we were surprised with the service, especially in the airport at the counter. They were polite even friendly and helpful with some of the details with luggage. They directed us toward the line that we needed to get from the counter to the Vueling at the crowded airport. The concourse and plane was clean and comfortable. I do not believe they had a beverage service if that's important.

P.S. we found it humorous that there was an option to buy insurance for our bags in case VUELING loses it. I didn't buy it, but I'm assuming (probably should have checked) they have some responsibility in the case of lost luggage.