Please sign in to post.

Visiting Barcelona

Hello,
I will be visiting Barcelona end of May. Has anyone been during this time? Is it warm enough for the beach? Also, are soccer games happening at that time? Thanks

Posted by
8297 posts

We'll be there the end of May. Average temperatures run from 61 degrees F. at night to 73 degrees daytime in May--very nice.
Sorry, but I know nothing about their football seasons.

Posted by
8 posts

Regarding soccer: even if there are no games to attend, if you are a true fan, you should visit Camp Nou, the Barcelona Football Club stadium and museum. It really is wonderful for soccer fans.

Posted by
27614 posts

There's something called the "Camp Nou Experience", I believe. It sells out early. If you might be interested, check on it right away.

Barcelona is swamped with visitors these days, and the need to buy tickets in advance for the most popular attractions seems to increase from one year to the next. These are the most problematic places (other than Camp Nou, of which I know nothing):

La Sagrada Familia
Parc Guell
Casa Mila/La Pedrera
Casa Batllo
Picasso Museum (generally dreadful conditions for looking at art)
Palau de la Music Catalana (probably not as bad as the others)

For all of those you are well advised not to walk up and hope to get in. You'll likely spend a great deal of time in the ticket line and may end up being turned away after all because of a sell-out.

Barcelona has many other sights that don't attract the hordes.