Please sign in to post.

Valencia

I have a couple of days to spend in Valencia and I am wondering of the best way to spend my time.
I am interested in Jewish Valencia. Are there tours of what used to be prior to the expulsion in 1497?
Also looking for interesting restaurants. I am really not interested in $$$$ five star chef food and prefer locally
owned places that are down to earth.

Posted by
972 posts

Unfortunately I can't address the question about Jewish history in Valencia. But I strongly recommend visiting the beach, not for the beach itself but instead for the neighborhood bordering it, which retains its character as the home neighborhood for fishermen. Very strong labor and maritime vibe. And you should absolutely visit the City of Arts and Sciences and most especially the fabulous Oceanogràfic, a spectacular aquarium that transcends the category.

Valencia is my favorite Spanish city.

Posted by
1297 posts

I also loved Valencia when I went last year. The Rusafa area just south of the city centre has a lot of good restaurants, bars and cafes and has more of a local vibe.

Posted by
283 posts

Valencia was a lovely place to visit and is on our "return to explore further" list.

We had a delicious meal at Restaurante Levante Valencia. We thought we were full from the traditional paella (not the seafood paella) but then dessert came, and somehow, we found room. OMG - sooooo good.

We rented bikes and just rode all over. Easy peasy, and the Jardin de Turia is an absolute genius use of land. You can really get around town on bikes via bike lanes, but also being able to jump down into the park for a beautiful ride to and from place is a huge bonus.