Please sign in to post.

Valencia

Hello all,
I’m going in June to València Spain for 2 nights with my boyfriend and his 17 year old daughters.
I’m looking for hotel recommendations. Love smaller boutique style hotels. Also where in the city do you recommend staying? Unfortunately it isn’t included in Ricks book.
Thanks!

Posted by
4573 posts

Just a gentle reminder libraries have travel guides by other publishers and they often come as e-books 😊.
Or websites like Lonely Planet will discuss destinations and recommendations. Or...TripAdvisor forums.
All that being said, I stayed in an apartment in the north part of the city near the University, but that was to be close to the bus station. It is the older part of town. I expect you would like the region closer to the beach or the science museums. These are in a modern park and complex that would be nice to explore. June would be beach weather, for sure.
Keep in mind small boutique hotels also mean small rooms, so as I see daughter(s) plural, you should expect to book 2 rooms.

Posted by
862 posts

We were in Valencia last week and loved our 4 night stay in Hotel Puerta Serranos. It's a very new hotel with enormous rooms in an excellent location. We walked everywhere. It was only a few minutes to the cathedral and right opposite the Turia Gardens and less than 5 minute walk to catch the tram to the beach.

The view of the Serranos tower from the roof terrace of the hotel is fantastic.

Posted by
548 posts

Agree with AussieNomad about Hotel Puerta Serranos. We were just there a week ago. Perfect hotel and location can’t be beat.