Please sign in to post.
Posted by
6534 posts

Conduct a search on Valencia things to see, or using a website like TripAdvisor to get some ideas or to see if something appears interesting. Only you know the types of things you like to see or places to visit. On a good note, most of Valencia city’s sites are in a relatively small historic center. Now, if you’re referring to Valencia the region or province, then knowing what you prefer would be helpful. What’s drawing you to Valencia would be a good starting point.

Posted by
2 posts

I am a fan of the architect Santiago Calatrava. He has designed buildings and bridges all over the world. He designed 5 or 6 buildings for the City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia. The buildings include a variety of museums, performance venues and an aquarium. it appears there is a lot to see and do there.

Posted by
1189 posts

We spent 4 nights in Valencia in November and loved it. It is much more laid back and less crowded than Madrid or Barcelona.

If you are looking for a great place to stay, check out Hotel Venecia. It is located in the Plaza de l'Ajuntament which is a short walk from the train station and in the old city.

The list of things to do in Mike P's post covers it all. We went to a lot of them. The old city is easy to walk and the main attractions are close together. Look for the Holy Grail at the Valencia Cathedral. The town hall in the Plaza de l'Ajuntament is lit up at night and is a very nice free visit during the day. We rented a tandem bike and rode the Turia garden down to the City of the Art and Sciences. The latter is so unique. There is also the Oceangrafic, Agora, and Hemisferic. It is worth a visit to see the exteriors even if you have no time to visit the interiors. There is so much open space so you can really admire the modern architecture.

The bucket list item is to eat authentic paella Valenciana. Paella is found all over Spain, but it originated here. If you love meat, try El Porteño Asador.

Posted by
2348 posts

I'm going to Valencia next year. I googled "valencia spain" and scrolled down to "things to do" and got started with my list that way. Also, look on YouTube for videos, which I find helpful. This one in particular is good (watch with captions on) https://youtu.be/jVuixP6qJL8?t=10