Please sign in to post.

Trip to spain

Hello
Planning a trip to Spain and would like some ideas of where to go ? I prefer out of the way places not so much touristy areas??

Posted by
7175 posts

Well a lot of Spain is out of the way and not so touristy so you are in luck there. Unfortunately you are going to have to give the forum more guidance. Places on the top of the 'must do' list are easy to run off because you have the consensus of popular opinion. At the other end it becomes all about personal interests and individual taste.

Ten places off the top of my head though ...
Girona
Tarragona
Cuenca
Baeza & Ubeda
Caceres
Salamanca
Burgos
Santiago de Compostela
Oviedo
San Sebastian

For big cities go for Valencia, Zaragoza and Bilbao over Barcelona, Madrid and Sevilla.

Posted by
678 posts

I love to travel in Spain. There are so many beautiful places to see so no matter what area you choose there will be much to explore. One area I recommend that meets your expectations is Extremadura. Look into places like Cáceres, Trujillo, Guadalupe, Mérida and Plasencia as well as numerous little towns and villages.

Posted by
15591 posts

It would also help to know what time of year and about how long your trip is, and if you want to rent a car or stick to public transportation.